Thread Lift Overview
Thread lifts, sometimes called a minimally invasive facelift, is a cosmetic procedure designed to improve the shape and tone of your face.
As you age, your dermis and supporting tissues can begin to sag and lose their shape. Skin laxity, jowling, and wrinkles can all become problematic.
Many cosmetic surgeons recommend facelifts for patients experiencing these signs of aging. However, long recovery times and complications may make this option unattractive for many.
Fortunately, the thread lift is a viable alternative for patients in this category. The procedure involves providing patients with a targeted facelift “from the inside out.” Our team of expert providers inserts medical-grade sutures under the skin and then manipulates them to bring the contours of the face into an aesthetically pleasing configuration.
A thread lift is a tried-and-tested procedure that has been around for more than twenty years. It relies on using medical sutures to tighten the skin from the inside, avoiding any cutting. Colorado Skin & Vein can carry out the procedure under local anesthetic.
Benefits of a Thread Lift
The benefits of a thread lift include:
- Subtle improvements in your face: Thread lifts are less dramatic than full-blown facelifts. They are ideal for patients who want to achieve natural-looking results.
- Long-lasting results: Studies in the cosmetic medical literature suggest that thread lifts can last many months – often longer than a year.
- Low-risk: Thread lifts are among the safest cosmetic procedures available today. Side effects such as swelling, redness, and bruising do occur, but they are less severe than a facelift.
- Affordability: Thread lifts tend to be substantially less costly than facelifts.
- No downtime: Thread lift procedures usually take around 45 minutes and, afterward, patients are free to resume their usual daily activities.