Microdermabrasion is a cosmetic technique that gives you softer, more radiant skin. As a minimally-invasive procedure, there is little to no downtime afterward. Most patients at Colorado Skin & Vein can resume their regular activities immediately after treatment.
Microdermabrasion is an in-office procedure that improves your skin tone and texture while reducing the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles, age spots, acne scars, hyperpigmentation, melasma, and other skin issues.
The procedure uses an applicator that smoothes the top layer of skin, encouraging the underlying cells to engage their latent rejuvenation potential.
Microdermabrasion does not involve the use of any skin-penetrating chemicals and works purely mechanically. For that reason, medical authorities consider it a safe therapy for most skin types and colors.
Because microdermabrasion is a minimally-invasive procedure, you don’t need to do much preparation for it. Most patients briefly consult with us about the specific type of microdermabrasion that would be best for them. Some techniques use an abrasive surface, while others blast the skin with fine particles.
Is There Any Recovery Time?
Generally, there is no recovery time associated with microdermabrasion. After the procedure, you may experience mild redness, swelling, and tenderness. These symptoms usually disappear within a few hours.
If you are prone to dry or flaky skin, you may wish to apply a moisturizer immediately after receiving therapy.
Because microdermabrasion removes the skin’s outermost protective layer, you will be more sensitive to sunlight for a few weeks. Always apply SPF 30 plus sunscreen before going outside, even if it is cloudy.
Benefits of Microdermabrasion
Microdermabrasion is an extremely popular skin therapy, thanks to the impressive benefits it offers.
- No need for an anesthetic or numbing agent. Microdermabrasion is a gentle and pleasant technique. So much so that many patients look forward to receiving it and enjoy the tingling sensation.
- No downtime. Most patients can resume their regular schedule immediately following treatment – no need to spend time in a recovery room.
- Reduce the appearance of age spots and hyperpigmentation. Microdermabrasion stimulates dysfunctional skin cells to behave more youthfully, reducing the appearance of common blemishes.
- Reduce pore size. Microdermabrasion encourages pores to tighten naturally over time, making your face appear more youthful.
- Reduce the appearance of wrinkles. Microdermabrasion removes the top layer of the skin, encouraging new cells to grow up from beneath, reducing the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
Microdermabrasion Consultations Available
“I went in to Dr. Verebelyi for Bio-T he explained the procedure completely and was very professional. I was so please with the office that I had some hair removal done. The office is always helpful and prompt with scheduling. I’m very happy with my results and if I have any question they’re glad to answer every thing to my satisfaction.” *
Am I a Candidate for Microdermabrasion?
Because microdermabrasion is a safe and minimally-invasive procedure, almost anyone is a candidate for the therapy. If you currently have severe acne or another skin condition that may prevent healing, Dr. Verebelyi and the team advise you on the appropriate treatment course. Even if microdermabrasion isn’t suitable for you, there may be other therapies that are.
Take the Next Step
To request your microdermabrasion consultation with us, please call (303) 683-3235 or fill out our online contact form today. Colorado Skin & Vein serves Englewood and the greater Denver, CO area.