Thread lifts – a minimally invasive alternative to a surgical facelift – improves the shape of your face, create volume, and improves fine lines. Results typically last between nine months and a year depending on the area treated.
What is a Thread Lift?
A thread lift is an alternative to a traditional facelift that improves the appearance of sagging skin. The treatment, originally developed in South Korea, involves inserting threads made of an absorbable material called PDO under the skin to alter the position of facial tissue and help give it a lift. The threads pull the skin into a desirable position, providing immediate rejuvenation.
Thread lifts use a series of small cannulas to insert them into the face. Mono threads feature smooth sutures that anchor to soft facial tissue, providing a slight lift. Cog threads have a barbed texture that grips onto surrounding facial tissue more tightly and encourages collagen production, while screw threads featuring intertwined sutures help improve facial volume.
Thread lifts have been around since the early 1990s. However, innovations in suture materials have made them significantly more popular and effective in recent years. The treatment lifts your skin, pulling it taut from the inside, making it appear more youthful without the need for all the usual cutting and stitching required by a regular facelift.
How Long Will My Thread Lift Results Last?
Thread lift results typically last around nine to twelve months, depending on your body’s ability to process and eliminate the absorbable PDO sutures. Some patients see results lasting more than a year, though this is rarer.
Request a Consultation
Simply fill out the form on this page, and one of our highly trained staff members at Colorado Skin & Vein will reach out to your promptly to schedule your appointment.
Benefits of Thread Lifts
At Colorado Skin & Vein, we identify several benefits of thread lifts:
- Safety: Because thread lifts are minimally-invasive, it is a low-risk procedure. Patients may experience some bruising or swelling after treatment, but much less than a conventional facelift.
- Affordable: Thread lifts are also more cost-effective than surgical facelifts. Average prices for a procedure are around a quarter to a third of the price of the latter.
- High efficacy: Results from a thread lift are long-lasting. Most patients see visible improvements in sagging tissue for at least nine months, with some lifts lasting up to 1 year.
- Convenient: Thread lifts don’t require significant preparation beforehand and can be completed in under 45 minutes. After treatment, patients can return to their regular schedules immediately.
- Natural-looking results: Thread lifts are popular among patients looking to achieve natural-looking improvements in their complexions. Changes are less dramatic than traditional facelifts.
Am I a Candidate for Thread Lifts?
If you have noticed facial sagging or a structural change in your face or neck, then you might be a good candidate for a thread lift. The ideal candidates for the procedure at Colorado Skin & Vein are patients in their late thirties to fifties who are non-smokers and in good health. Patients already following healthy lifestyle practices stand to benefit the most from cosmetic enhancements.
Take the Next Step
To request your thread lift consultation with us, please call (303) 683-3235 or fill out our online contact form today. Colorado Skin & Vein serves Englewood and the greater Denver, CO area.